Are your industrial floors looking worn, stained, or scratched beyond repair? Has it been a while since you last maintained them properly? If so, it’s probably time to consider upgrading with industrial epoxy flooring.
New and improved industrial epoxy flooring will look great and give your entire workspace a fresher appearance. It can also provide exceptional durability against wear and tear and chemical damage.
Let‘s explore the signs that tell you when an upgrade is due for you to make the best decision for your commercial space or facility, the importance of industrial epoxy flooring upgrade, and maintenance tips.
Signs you should upgrade your industrial epoxy flooring
The integrity of your commercial flooring is primarily determined by the foot traffic and machinery it’s exposed to over time. It is crucial to monitor the condition of your flooring over time to ensure it’s up to industry standards and able to support the weight and activities conducted in your facility.
If you notice any of the following signs, it may indicate that you need to upgrade your epoxy flooring:
- The floor is starting to chip and peel: Over time, the epoxy coating of your floor can start to chip and peel away due to wear and tear caused by employees and machinery moving across the surface. This is especially true if the floor has been exposed to chemical or moisture damage, as these can weaken the coating and make it more susceptible to cracking and chipping.
- The surface is uneven or cracked: If you notice areas of your epoxy flooring that/ are uneven or have visible cracks, it could signify that the floor is no longer capable of bearing weight. This can create hazardous situations in your facility, so it’s essential to address any issues with the flooring as soon as possible.
- The floor is no longer providing the slip resistance you need: Slip resistance is a crucial factor in industrial flooring, as it ensures that employees and machinery remain safe while operating on the surface. Over time, your epoxy floor can lose its slip resistance due to wear and tear or chemical damage – which can pose a severe risk to those working in your facility.
- The color is no longer appealing or doesn’t match your branding: Epoxy flooring is available in a wide range of colors, so you can easily choose one that compliments the branding and aesthetic of your facility. If the color of your floor is no longer appealing or does not match your branding, it may be time to invest in a new coating.
- You’re experiencing water damage or mold growth: Exposure to water and moisture can damage epoxy flooring over time, leading to cracks, chipping, and fading. Additionally, it can create the ideal conditions for mold and mildew growth, which can be hazardous to the health of your employees.
- Traffic patterns have changed, and your current flooring can’t handle the new load: If you’ve noticed that the traffic patterns within your facility have changed, it can be a sign that your existing epoxy flooring can no longer handle the increased load. In this case, investing in a new coating can help ensure that your floor can support the everyday activities being conducted in your facility.
- Your company has outgrown its space, and a new, larger floor is needed: Industrial epoxy flooring is a great way to help maximize the efficiency of your facility and optimize space utilization. However, if you’ve outgrown your space and need to expand, a new floor may be necessary to accommodate the increased number of employees and machinery.
- Better flooring solutions are available: Industrial epoxy flooring constantly evolves, and new technologies are always developing. If your current flooring is no longer meeting your needs, it may be time to invest in a more advanced product that can provide better durability, safety, and performance.
Importance of upgrading your industrial epoxy flooring
Upgrading your industrial epoxy flooring regularly is essential for keeping your facility safe and up to code. Investing in a new industrial epoxy flooring costs less than you think, ensuring your business can continue operating safely and efficiently.
Additionally, new epoxy flooring can enhance the aesthetics of your facility, as well as improve its overall value. Taking the time to consider all the factors involved in upgrading your industrial epoxy flooring is vital for ensuring that your facility remains safe and efficient for years to come.
Tips on maintaining your industrial epoxy flooring
Regular inspection and maintenance of your industrial epoxy flooring is essential to ensure the top condition and can support the activities conducted in your facility.
Here are some tips on how to keep your floor looking great:
- Clean the surface regularly with a damp mop or cloth using mild soaps or detergents.
- Perform regular surface inspections for signs of damage or wear and tear, such as cracks, chips, or fading.
- Consider applying a sealant to help protect the coating from chemicals and moisture damage.
- Avoid dragging heavy machinery across the floor, as this can cause scratching and chipping.
- Immediately address spills with a damp cloth or mop and mild detergents or soaps to avoid staining.
- Ensure that the temperature of your facility remains consistent, as extreme temperatures can cause the coating to crack or chip.
By regularly inspecting and maintaining your industrial epoxy flooring, you can ensure that it remains in top condition and can support the activities conducted in your facility.
Upgrade your industrial epoxy flooring
If you notice signs that your industrial epoxy flooring needs an upgrade, you must contact a professional to assess the situation. At McLean Company, we specialize in industrial flooring solutions that can help protect your workplace and ensure it meets all industry standards.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you upgrade your industrial epoxy flooring and keep your facility up to code and safe for everyone.